[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - server.log size is too big

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 11 13:42:43 EST 2008

In less than a couple of hours today, with one Seam2.0.0.GA app on my JBoss 4.2.1.GA, the server.log exploded to 300MB+.

When I changed the overall threshold to WARN in log4j.xml, the size of the log was much smaller after a few minutes (approx. 5KB).

It seems after perusing the server.log that ajax4jsf and Seam are very verbose at the DEBUG level.  I'm not sure how valuable that info is to a corporate developer.

Anybody else encountering this problem and what is the recommended solution (obviously adding filters like below but you need to know what all the culprits are @ DEBUG level to filter out from server.log).

In prod, is the recommendation to set the threshold for server.log to ERROR?

\jboss-4.2.1.GA\server\default\conf\jboss-log4j.xml:
  |    <!-- Limit categories -->
  |
  |    <!-- 01/11/08 - Limit the org.jboss.seam to INFO as its DEBUG is verbose -->
  |    <category name="org.jboss.seam">
  |  	<priority value="WARN"/>
  |    </category>

thx.