[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - is it possible to run seam gen for certain tables of the dat

Mussie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 12 05:55:48 EST 2008

Hello forum,
I tried to create a crud application from an existing database with seam-gen. I created a new project, but when trying to generate entities I get following error:

  | ObjectName: persistence.units:ear=EclipseConnecsi.ear,unitName=EclipseConnecsi
  |   State: FAILED
  |   Reason: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.HibernateException: Wrong column type: SMOKING, expected: bit
  |   I Depend On:
  |     jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=EclipseConnecsiDatasource

Smoking is an attribute of the Booking table from the booking seam example, so I don't understand why the generator expects a certain value.

Then I tried to drop the table and run seam gen again then following error appeared:
ObjectName: persistence.units:ear=EclipseConnecsio.ear,unitName=EclipseConnecsio
  |   State: FAILED
  |   Reason: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.HibernateException: Wrong column type: MESSAGEBLOB, expected: varbinary(255)
  |   I Depend On:
  |     jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=EclipseConnecsioDatasource

Messageblob is an attribute from the table JMS_Messages unfortunately I can't drop that table.

So has anyone an idea what these errors mean and is it possible to create a crud application from a certain table of my database since I don't need all the tables in my database.

By the way I'm running my hsqldb in server-mode maybe this is important to know for solving the problem.

I'd appreciate any hints I spend the whole day trying to solve this problem.

thanks and best regards,
Mussie

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119312#4119312

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119312