[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Problem with validation and entityHome

fjgarmu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 12 07:44:16 EST 2008

Hi everybody, first overall I' m newbie in seam development.
I've developed an application generated with seamgen JBOSS-SEAM 1.2.1-GA.
The application has a ReportsHome class that extends from EntityHome.

  | public class ReportsHome extends EntityHome<Reports> {
  | }

On the model in the Reports class i ve written a constraint

  | 	@AssertFalse(message="You must assign an author before close the report")
  | 	public boolean isok(){
  | 		return (authors.getId()==0 && reportstatus.getId()>=4);
  | 	}

In my view i ve put a tag s:validateAll that enclose all the items that must be validated.
In theory i think it is all to use validation in seam.
But when isok is true the application crashes and go to the debug page. The expected behavior is the message that inform about the assert error.
There is something wrong in the application?
Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119323#4119323

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119323