[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Cannot access web service with HTTP Basic Authentication

jeff norton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 13 14:21:11 EST 2008

That FAQ does indeed cover my case and the solution works for me.  I'm now a happy camper.  Microsoft should feel intense embarrassment about the state of their HTTP implementation.

Might be good if someone updated http://jbws.dyndns.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Authentication to point out the need to secure only POST and leave GET open to access the WSDL as well as put in a link to the problems with .NET clients.  I tried to edit it but was not able.

As for wsconsume when I run it I do point it to a local wsdl file.  I was always mystified as to why it needed the wsdl url at runtime since the client should have been generated with everything it needed (that's the way my .NET client works -- no WSDL needed at runtime).  There seem to be two static methods (constructors) on Service.  When I use the form that doesn't use the WSDL URL I get:
     [exec] WARN - Cannot get port meta data for: {http://processlibrary.resonant.com/}RawDocumentRepositoryPort
  |      [exec] javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: org.jboss.ws.WSException: Target endpoint address not setHow do you create an endpoint without  the WSDL at runtime?

Anyway thanks for all the help.  I'm now up and running!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119463#4119463

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119463