[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: JBOSS JSTL <sql:dataSource> issue

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 14 08:44:19 EST 2008

Based on a similar discussion in the JCA forum, it seems that the sql:datasource looks for the datasource in the java:comp/env namespace. So in your case, it looks for java:comp/env/OracleDS

In order to setup the datasource in the java:comp/env namespace, you will have to add the following entries in web.xml and jboss-web.xml:

web.xml:

<resource-ref>
  | 		<res-ref-name>OracleDS</res-ref-name>
  | 		<res-type>javax.sql.Datasource</res-type>
  | 		<res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  | 	</resource-ref>

jboss-web.xml:

<jboss-web>

  |  <resource-ref>
  |  	<res-ref-name>OracleDS</res-ref-name>
  |  	<jndi-name>java:/OracleDS</jndi-name>
  |  </resource-ref>
  | </jboss-web>

Place these contents in your web.xml and jboss-web.xml at the appropriate places and see if it works.

P.S: I have zero experience with jstl, so i cant guarantee that this is going to work.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119631#4119631

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119631