[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Writing a client - no examples for BindingProvider based

jeff norton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 14 11:59:55 EST 2008

I use the same wsprovide and wsconsume targets that you do, but the client still seems to need the WSDL in order to create the service endpoint.  Thus I have: myService = Service.create(new URL("http://localhost:8080/serviceContextRoot?wsdl"), new QName(...));
I tried using a file URL using the file generated by wsprovide but then I get:javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Malformed endpoint address
I wish there were at least a form of Service.create that would take a stream for the WSDL instead of a URL.  Then I could pack the WSDL in the WAR.  Even better of course would be for the client not to need the WSDL at all (the .NET client I generated from the WSDL doesn't need it, the Java one really shouldn't either).  Have you been able to get that to work?  If so a code snippet would be really nice.  Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119729#4119729

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119729