[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Step away from the tool and nobody gets hurt

bostroff do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 14 14:27:02 EST 2008

I guess I'm working too hard to make this work...

I have successfully created a seam project in the past (say a month ago) from an existing database schema using seam-gen from the command line.  Pretty much just ran the tool, built it (as an ear), deployed it in JBoss, and CRUD just worked.  I was using seam 2.0 with JBoss AS 4.2.2.

Now, I'm trying to get effectively the same thing working using the seam tools in Eclipse (Europa 3.3.1.1) and I ran into a number of problems:

1. Missing serialVersionUID everywhere - added it.
2. The loginout.xhtml apparently missing the ui:composition tag - modified it
3. Some generated xhtml pages not recognizing the messages bundle - added  bundle to faces-config.xml - doesn't seem to help - warnings still exist.
4. Try a deploy anyway - complains about missing MethodBinding among others.

So, did I answer some of the wizard questions incorrectly (like should I have NOT picked seam 2.0 technology preview)?  Is there a blindingly simple tutorial where I could create a small seam 2.0 application from scratch inside Eclipse (Europa) and have it successfully deploy and execute?

Gosh, this se(a)ms a lot harder than it should be...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119793#4119793

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119793