[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Writing a client - no examples for BindingProvider based

mjhammel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 14 16:10:40 EST 2008

You can override the hard coded path set in this class.  I'm assuming you're writing a remote client, re: one that doesn't live on the same host as the Web Services server.  In that case, you're packaging of the remote client just installs the WSDL file under a directory relative to the application file.  At runtime of the client you find out where you're installed and generate the runtime location of the WSDL file from that.  That way you don't have to ask the server for the WSDL information at startup time.

anonymous wrote : As for getting the QName, do you have an @WebService annotation in your generated client service class (e.g. SubscriberServicesService)? If you do, it should have name and targetNamespace parameters.

Oh sure, they're there.  But how do I reference parameters in an annotation directly from my java code?  The reference is in SubscriberServicesService.java and looks like this:

@WebServiceClient(name = "SubscriberServicesService", targetNamespace = "http://SubscriberServices.ws.server.crunch.cei.com/",
  | wsdlLocation = "file:/home/mjhammel/src/cei/crunch/build/server/resources/SubscriberServicesService.wsdl")

or if you prefer, in the SubscriberServicesEndpoint.java:

@WebService(name = "SubscriberServicesEndpoint", targetNamespace = "http://SubscriberServices.ws.server.crunch.cei.com/")
  | public interface SubscriberServicesEndpoint {

But how do I reference these parameters from my client code that instantiates the SubscriberServicesService class?  Something like the following doesn't appear to work and there are not getters for these values either:

SubscriberServicesService service = new SubscriberServicesService();

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119815#4119815

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119815