[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Step away from the tool and nobody gets hurt

bostroff do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 14 17:29:54 EST 2008

I have recreated the JBoss AS deployment directory (by moving aside my old version and unzipping the 4.2.2 download again).

Now, I get:

  | 15:05:38,710 INFO  [Scanner] scanning: /Users/bostroff/Downloads/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/./deploy/cehc.war/WEB-INF/dev
  | 15:05:38,717 ERROR [[/cehc]] Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamListener
  | java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file

Some googling around suggests that this typically happens when you have some a jar compiled with JDK 1.6 and are running an earlier version of the JDK.

I am (unfortunately?) running Leopard on a Mac and can only run JDK 1.5.  Might this be my current problem (or the root of many of my problems)?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119837#4119837

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119837