[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - taghandler passing of action parameters ?

dreuzel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 15 04:07:37 EST 2008

I've  an odd  problem using  seam and  facelets
a) what  I want to do :

 i've a generic  tag  with the  ability to handle multiple  facelet functionalities  hidden away
in the end it comes down to  <ui:composition
    <my:xxx     action="Submit"   entity="${mymodule}"

I get  different  results  depending  on how executed and called

A)
     <my:xxx   action="Submit"   entity="${aanscan}"

    used as    ${entity[Submit]}        fails    (1)
                   ${aanscan[Submit]}    fails    (2)
                   ${aanscan.Submit}      works (3)

as  I call  the  function Through a taghandler
                    ${aanscan.Submit}     fails   (4)
                    ${aanscan.Submit()}  works (5)

I consider  the  above behaviour very odd, since all is done  in the same
session using the same code.

I suspect, using the  seam extra argument handling  the el expression
entity[submit] is not valid  any  more .

I never tried  ${entity[submit('sdfdsfds')]}   or should  i use
                    ${entity[submit]('dsfds')}

I suspect  the  problem is derived from the  exact  definition type
of the  term entity

Is/should  that be  a  variableExpression/Methodexpression
or a variable (if there is a difference) (DO I need a special definition
handling the arguments  ?)

can anyone  help, clarifying  the original difference  in the different expressions that should all be normaly compatible.

thanks in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119960#4119960

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119960