[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam 2.0, Eclipse IDE - Problem creating Webservices

estahn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 16 10:20:28 EST 2008

Hi guys,

I try to create a simple webservice without success. I hope someone can point me to a solution. I created a seam project with Eclipse IDE (JBoss Tools) which work like a charm. I can drag&drop JSF components into pages, deploy them via Eclipse http://in.relation.to/3388.lace and so on.

The webservice functionality should be tested with the following classes, inspired by the seambay example and this Howto http://www.mail-archive.com/jboss-user@lists.jboss.org/msg58851.html.
package org.domain.Test.entity;

  | import javax.jws.WebService;
  |
  | @WebService
  | public interface TestServiceRemote {
  | 	boolean login(String username, String password);
  | 	boolean logout();
  | }
package de.ventasoft.services.Test.entity;

  | import javax.ejb.Stateless;
  | import javax.jws.WebMethod;
  | import javax.jws.WebService;
  |
  | @Stateless
  | @WebService(name = "TestService", serviceName = "TestService")
  | public class TestService implements TestServiceRemote {
  | 	@WebMethod
  | 	public boolean login(String username, String password) {
  | 		return true;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	@WebMethod
  | 	public boolean logout() {
  | 		return true;
  | 	}
  | }

The classes are located in src/model/.... I put the standard-jaxws-endpoint-config.xml in every seam-META-INF directory i could found. The deployment runs without any errors but unfortunately nothings happens. There is also no endpoint registered at http://localhost:8080/jbossws/services.

Any advice how to do this would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Enrico Stahn

[1] http://in.relation.to/3388.lace
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/jboss-user@lists.jboss.org/msg58851.html