[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam performance issue with respect to Seam intercepts

billevans do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 16 13:10:57 EST 2008

I am working on a Seam project that was originally written by another developer. The project uses a Configuration class which essentially contains static data available to any caller, in any scope.

Originally this class was written as a Singleton and accessed by a static call. After understanding the Seam framework I decided that it would be better implemented as an APPLICATION scoped bean.

After modifying, however, I found that performance dropped considerably! So I ran through a profiler, I found that the repetitive and numerous calls to the org.jboss.seam.intercept.JavaBeanInterceptor were causing it.

The Configuration class I wrote contains essentially static data, so after reading the Seam documentation, I tried using the @ReadOnly annotation. This had no effect.

QUESTION: Is there a way to stop Seam being called on each method call? It seems that if there isn't, this is a major performance trap that is very easy to fall into. What is a recommended approach?

I would welcome some helpful advice on this, especially from Gavin...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4120590#4120590

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4120590