[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: s:validateAll don't works.

Oberiko do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 16 13:12:54 EST 2008

This one caught me up (for about an hour or so) as well.

There is no validation done on blank fields.

Another problem is that blank fields are passed not as null, but as zero-length strings, so they'll sneak by any @NotNull annotations in both the presentation and business logic layer (making me question their usefulness).

Any idea if these issues are being looked after in the next version of Seam and/or JSF?  I'd imagine that the second problem could be fixed pretty easily by lumping blank Strings in with null values by default; this could be disabled with "@NotNull(allowEmptyString=true)" or so.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4120592#4120592

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4120592