[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: MappingException: Repeated column in mapping for entity

lpmon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 16 17:15:47 EST 2008

Felix,

So how is the EJB subsystem going to know which class to return if I don't use a discriminator column?

I tried removing the discriminator as you suggested, knowing it would not work, and as I thought it did not work.  I get the error below with no discriminator column in any of the classes.  I previously only declared the discriminator column on the base class and used @DescriminatorValue in the subclasses.  That is how I cofigured when I started this thread/post.

Error returned:

Could not find a setter for property connected in class com.tester.server.FMPUnit

Partial stack trace:

16:04:56,352 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service persistence.units:ear=shockwatch.ear,jar=shockwatch.jar,unitName=shockwatch
javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.PropertyNotFoundException: Could not find a setter for property connected in class com.tester.server.FMPUnit
	at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:698)
	at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:127)
	at org.jboss.ejb3.entity.PersistenceUnitDeployment.start(PersistenceUnitDeployment.java:264)
	at org.jboss.ejb3.ServiceDelegateWrapper.startService(ServiceDelegateWrapper.java:102)
	at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:289)
	at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:245)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
	at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
	at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
	at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
	at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
	at org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceController.java:978)
	at $Proxy0.start(Unknown Source)
	at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.start(ServiceController.java:417)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor10.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
	at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
	at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
	at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
	at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
	at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:210)
	at $Proxy69.start(Unknown Source)
... MORE...

FYI: This is a different app so the class names don't match my original post.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4120661#4120661

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4120661