[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Messaging 1.3 Clustering question

nbakizada do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 16 19:27:27 EST 2008

Ok. That makes sense in terms of the local consumption. There are a couple more oddities in running clustered messaging (I'm on 1.4 now).

I'm having trouble understanding if the 2 nodes in a cluster act as some sort of primary/secondary, or if they're both equal primaries. In the event of a basic failover (one of the 2 appservers goes down), things failover to the other just fine. But what happens if, say, both servers are running, but are somehow unable to connect to each over the network (so each thinks the other is unavailable). What happens to the messages stored in the shared database?

Under normal circumstances, when node A held, let's say, 100 messages, and node A went down. The 100 messages would "appear" on Node B after failover was complete (being read from the shared database).
What happens in the scenario where both servers stay up, but can't see each other on the network?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4120685#4120685

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4120685