[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Index is not being created on Table

parag.goyal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 17 03:50:26 EST 2008

Hi All,

we are using

JBoss-4.2.2 .GA that contains hibernate 3.2 jar

Postgre SQL 8.2

 We are using specification of  EJB 3.0

Applying @org.hibernate.annotations.Index (name = " fk", columnNames = "coloum Name of Related table") on relationship object

eg:- we have a class department having one-to-many relationship with employees

Now Inside Department Class

@Entity

public class Department

{

@OneToMany

(cascade = CascadeType.ALL, fetch = FetchType.LAZY, mappedBy = " mDepartment ")

@Index(name = "fykeyDpt ", columnNames = "mDepartment")

public List emp;

}

 On database level we want index in employee table.

It is working fine and creating index with the below settings in persistence.xml.

But the problem is that if we are changing the value=update then no index is created.

f.i. As per our project requirement we have to stick with update.

If some body having the solution  or any alternative solution for creating index please let us know.

Thaks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4120750#4120750

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4120750