[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Manager.switchConversation via Ajax4JSF actionListener d

objectbay do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 17 09:31:22 EST 2008

Thanks for answering, Pete.

What I don't understand is why the first conversation in my steps-to-reproduce scenario is locked at that point in time (when trying to switch from the active conversation 2 back to conversation 1).

This would imply that my code for starting a new conversation

Conversation.instance().leave();
  | Manager.instance().beginConversation("navigator");
  | Manager.instance().redirect(Views.COMPUTATION.toString());

leaves the current conversation in a locked state, wouldn't it?

The other thing that puzzles me, is that the problem only occurs after a GET request.

As long as the current page is either submitted via a POST, or the conversation switched without POSTing just through the dropdown box, switching works fine. But as soon as a GET-request hits a conversation, switching breaks (i.e., the timeout problem occurs).

Does that mean that the GET request has a side-effect on the lock-state of  conversations? Shouldn't all conversations get unlocked during Manager.endRequest?

thanks,
Karl

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4120901#4120901

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4120901