[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: <ui:define> and injection

schlafsack do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 17 10:04:47 EST 2008

I was expecting the EL in the search widget (query.xhtml) to have created it when restoring the view after the post back.   It appears that this happens as I expect if the widget is inserted into the same define tag or (as I've hacked it at the moment) if I simply put a comment with some EL in before the results list:

  |    <!-- #{query.expression} -->
  |    <ui:define name="results">
  |       <h:outputText value="Results are #{search.results}"/>
  |    </ui:define>

Is it the case that if you are relying on EL to create your instances, then the order of the elements in the page is important?

i.e. if A is injected into B then the element EL that creates A MUST come before the element EL that creates B

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4120926#4120926

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4120926