[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - EJB3 MDB in JBoss 4.0.4 not behaving as per specification

irajeev do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 17 10:26:29 EST 2008

Hi
   I am using EJB3 MDBs on JBoss 4.0.4 application server. Since the onMessage method takes a lot of time to complete, I was getting the below warning,

WARN  [TransactionImpl] Transaction TransactionImpl:XidImpl[FormatId=257, GlobalId=OPGX745-FYKH3D1/1, BranchQual=, localId=1] timed out. status=STATUS_ACTIVE

So I referred the EJB specs and as per the specs if I make the MDB to not support transaction(TransactionAttributeType.NOT_SUPPORTED) or make it a BMT and set the acknowledgement mode to auto-acknowledge then the message is acknowledged once its delivered to the onMessage method and it does not depend on the BMT transaction in the method.

I tried both the transaction not supported and the BMT but I still get the above warning and also the message is redelivered.

Below is the code for the MDB,

@MessageDriven(activationConfig =
{
      @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destinationType", propertyValue="javax.jms.Queue"),
      @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destination", propertyValue="SonicJMS/Queues/datahub"),
      @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="providerAdapterJNDI", propertyValue="java:/SonicJMSProvider"),
      @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="useDLQ", propertyValue="false"),
      @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="acknowledgeMode", propertyValue="Auto-acknowledge")
})
@TransactionManagement(TransactionManagementType.CONTAINER)
public class FeedParsingManager implements MessageListener {

	@EJB
	private EmailNotification emailSender;

	@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.NOT_SUPPORTED)
	public void onMessage(Message msg) {

	}
}

The onMessage method calls a stateless session bean which is a BMT. Why am I seeing the warning message and message being redelivered?

Thanks in advance,
Rajeev

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4120941#4120941

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4120941