[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Need definitive answers on unit testing with Seam

christian.bauer@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 18 02:58:26 EST 2008

All of the threads you link to are from people who didn't read the updated documentation of Seam 2.0:

anonymous wrote :
  | The Java Persistence API can be used with both Java SE and Java EE — when the above component is used inside an Application Server (Java EE) the container is responsible for transaction management, however in the unit test (Java SE) the transaction must be managed explicitly using a resource local entity manager. This requires configuration in persistence.xml.

Note the last sentence. All the postersl (and probably you) have problems because they are using the wrong persistence.xml. If you don't understand how the persistence.xml needs to look like for a standalone EntityManager test (without SeamTest container), read the second chapter of my book (it's free).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121192#4121192

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121192