[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: EntityQuery and Icefaces

marthoff do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 18 06:40:42 EST 2008

Hello again,

i found a solution for the problem (maybe).

First the concrete Exception is:

Caused by: javax.el.ELException: /client/claim_list.xhtml @16,52 value="#{testLi
  | st.dataModel}": Error reading 'dataModel' on type de.iseki.garantieext.card.Test
  | List_$$_javassist_0
  |         at com.sun.facelets.el.TagValueExpression.getValue(TagValueExpression.ja
  | va:76)
  |         at javax.faces.component.UIOutput.getValue(UIOutput.java:173)
  |         ... 69 more
  | Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: EntityManager is closed
  |         at org.hibernate.ejb.EntityManagerImpl.getSession(EntityManagerImpl.java
  | :42)

So the reason was the closed EntityManager. My solution is to add:

  | @In private EntityManager entityManager;
  |
  | @Override
  | public EntityManager getEntityManager() {
  | 	return entityManager;
  | }

Do you think that it is good solution? Why is the EntityManager fetched in such a complicated way by the EntityQuery class (by using the PersistentContext)?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121251#4121251

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121251