[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Component Architecture instead of traditional Layers

ruettimac do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 18 16:33:57 EST 2008

Hi,

I have searched this forum but did not found answers to my questions regarding architectural patterns (pro/cons). The examples are to simple for my taste.

Coming from the traditional J2EE pattern oriented software development with Session Facades, DTO's, DAO's, ServiceLocator I dream a bit from a simplified architecture and I hope this becomes true.

What I want to do:

I have a dozen of losely coupled seam components (session beans) which are the foundation of my application besides the entity beans. For example, I have a customer component which provides services for customers like load current logged in customer, change the customers personal data. Then I have another computer component which manages the computer infrastructure of a customer like adding a computer, add RAM to the computer. But this computer needs a customer to manage its computer items. I like to inject into the computer component the customer component. I hope this is enough to describe my architecture - SOA like.

Are there problems to expect with this architecture like

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121437#4121437

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121437