[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JSF/Seam Binding and Nested Classes

aggtecnologia do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 18 19:51:01 EST 2008

Could you find the answer? I am stuck with the same problem.
Just in case the problem is not clear:

  | @Stateful
  | @Entity
  | @Name("mother")
  | public class Mother {
  |
  |    private Daughter daughter;
  |
  |    ... setters and getters
  | }

and the nested class is:

  | public class Daughter {
  |
  |      private String someprop;
  |
  |     ... setters and getters
  |
  | }

When I try to put something in daughters property someprop

  |  <h:inputText value="#{mother.daughter.someprop}"/>

the contents of the html field are not transfered to someprop and any action invoked from the page is not even executed. It seems that the lifecycle ends when the framework tries to transfer values from the request to the properties inside the object inside the EJB.
I am using seam 1.2.1 and quite desperated.
Thaks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121467#4121467

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121467