[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Component Architecture instead of traditional Layers

brachie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 19 05:34:10 EST 2008

@Cyrill: Interesting questions! I would also be very interested in an answer, since we are currently using Seam in our project and having a proper architecture is essential. I agree, that the seam examples are a bit too simple as template for real-world application architecture.

In my opinion injecting one SFSB into another should be avoided, but maybe I am wrong.. It would be great if someone with real-world seam experience could give some architectural advises.

The following questions are in my mind:

Should there be one SFSB for every persistent class of your domain model which acts as a manager and manages the actions connected with the (injected) entity (e.g. SFSB PersonMgr for creating, deleting persons in DB etc)?

Or would it be better to have one SFSB component for each page you have in your application, which manages the actions connected to the specific page?

Or would it be good to have one SFSB per use case of your application?

What would be the correct approach? Please share your opinions!

Greetings,

Alexander

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121495#4121495

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121495