[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Another conversation question: how to correctly begin on

jacob.orshalick do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 20 12:58:13 EST 2008

I use pages.xml which, IMO, puts the logic where it belongs as generally conversations are scoped to a section of the application.  As page flow is defined in the pages.xml file, it makes sense to demarcate the boundaries of the conversation there.

"MSchmidke" wrote : 2. Beginning a conversation by <begin-conversation flush-mode="MANUAL"> in pages.xml.
  | - violates DRY
  | - scatters business logic (program logic details in a xml file? why??).
  | - impossible to reload the page ("begin called from long running ...")

I'm not sure why you feel this violates DRY or scatters business logic.  You define your conversation logic in one location in the pages.xml which is where the pageflow is defined (so it *feels* like the right place) and it should not be repeated anywhere else.  You then use s:links to specify propagation="none" when moving between conversations (or simply use h:outputLink based on your needs).

Generally if you are having issues with reloading the page, you need to specify propagation=join and/or rules around when the conversation should be started in the pages.xml.  This is quite easy with the support that pages.xml provides.

Hope that helps.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121639#4121639

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121639