[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Manager.switchConversation via Ajax4JSF actionListener d

objectbay do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 21 06:39:12 EST 2008

Hello again,

I have put a call to ConversationEntry.unlock() into my AJAX handler, and now conversation switching seems to work reliably:

public void actionMenuSelectionChanged() {
  | 	ConversationEntry ce = Manager.instance().getCurrentConversationEntry();
  | 	if (ce != null && ce.isLockedByCurrentThread()) {
  | 		ce.unlock();
  | 	}
  | 	if (ActionMenuItems.NEU_LEBEN.toString().equals(actionMenuSelection)) {
  | 		Manager.instance().leaveConversation();
  | 		Manager.instance().beginConversation("navigator");
  | 		Manager.instance().redirect(Views.LEBEN_BERECHNUNG.toString());
  | 	}
  | }

Does that look like a plausible solution?

It seems to me that Manager.leaveConversation(), which in turn calls initializeTemporaryConversation() doesn't unlock the current conversation, possibly leaving it in a locked state. Can anyone confirm this hypothesis?

regards,
Karl

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121789#4121789

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121789