[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: variable validation

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 21 07:33:49 EST 2008

anonymous wrote :  My idea was a very generic framework where you declare the variables you have in each task and how they should be validated in an XML file.

I agree, that is what we also do. But we use an existing framework. Our webbased ui or message b2b definitions are complex and based on xsd's. By using a standard (trying to switch to the xforms engine called chiba) we achieve this.

anonymous wrote : With regards to the model you are saying treat the variables in the process as temporary state and when you reach the appropriate node i.e. some end state, then transform the individual variables into your pojo and then passing the pojo to your own service to be persisted?

No, just take e.g. a case number from your message/page and store it in jBPM. Also add e.g. certain numbers/amounts needed by decisionnodes. But store the normal data always in your model and signal the engine within the same transaction

anonymous wrote : Your definition of "naff" is correct :). Apologies for using such colloquial english.

colloquial? ;-) Thankfully I know the meaning of word so it saved me searching the internet again.

anonymous wrote : This update in the state of the process needs to be communicated to the UI so that it may show the appropriate view for say the current task.  We always go back to a tasklist or more generic file/dossie overview. Never directly to the next task

anonymous wrote : I haven't looked at Seam at all. Would Seam simplify integration between a webapp and and ejb using jbpm?

Yes

anonymous wrote : What would be passed between the two layers. Currently we have shared DTOs between the webapp and the EJB.

Certainly not DTO's just you model objects. e.g. your hibernate objects are automagically jsf beans...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121808#4121808

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121808