[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Bypass validations in some instances

bludginozzie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 22 06:48:28 EST 2008

I want to bypass validations but still write to the data model but I cannot figure out how to do this.  I can use immediate="true" however this prevents the valid values from being placed in to the data model.

Why would I want to do this you ask... Well I have a wizard and when the users clicks next page I want all the validations to fire as normal.  However if the users clicks previous page button I want the state of the page saved (i.e. valid values written to the model and invalid values ignored) however no validations to fire.  This is standard wizard behaviour.

Does anyone know how to do this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4122149#4122149

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4122149