[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Backing beans and richfaces ui classes

akovcic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 22 09:01:19 EST 2008

Hi,

I want to use some richfaces classes from richfaces-ui.jar on backing beans.
In my particular case I would like to have richtree component state saved so the state doesn't change on page refresh. To do that it's necessary to have state bound to property of type: org.richfaces.component.state.TreeState
At the same time I have an action (stateful session) bean that handles node selections. If I have a property of type: org.richfaces.component.state.TreeState on SFSB the deployment fails with ClassNotFoundException.
This is because I follow packaging as per Seam doc, and richfaces-ui.jar is only packaged in war within ear. Of course this works fine if the ui jar is placed inside ear's lib directory. I have seen other solution where tomcat's class loader configuration is changed... None of this I liked.

Also I have seen recommendation that classes from ui jar should not be used, but only ones from richfaces-api.jar. So how I save the tree state than?

The same problem I have with rich tabPanel, when I want to change active tab from backing bean's (SFSB) action method (tabPanel component is bound to a property in SFSB).

What is best practice for such cases? Maybe to have seam POJO's that would be responsible only for ui component state mangement (as I seen POJO works fine compared to SFSB), or something else?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4122205#4122205

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4122205