[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Exceptions ending conversations

alessandrolt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 22 12:43:02 EST 2008

The error remains, even with JavaBeans, @ApplicationContext, RuntimeException or Exceptions.
Have reproduce this Error in the example "Booking".

Please follow these steps:

1) Change the method bookHotel() of HotelBookingAction.

  |    public void bookHotel() throws Exception
  |    {
  |      /* booking = new Booking(hotel, user);
  |       Calendar calendar = Calendar.getInstance();
  |       booking.setCheckinDate( calendar.getTime() );
  |       calendar.add(Calendar.DAY_OF_MONTH, 1);
  |       booking.setCheckoutDate( calendar.getTime() ); */
  |
  | 	   throw new Exception("Test Error Handler");
  |    }

2) Change the HotelBooking interface:

  | public void bookHotel() throws Exception;

3)Insert in pages.xml:

  |     <exception class="java.lang.Exception">
  |         <redirect view-id="/main.xhtml">
  |             <message severity="error">Test Handle Error Message</message>
  |         </redirect>
  |     </exception>

Now, start seam-booking and choose a hotel. Click in "Book Hotel" button.
The exception will redirect to main.xhtml. In the Firefox and IE7 (from w. Vista), the result is not the same (In IE7 does not appear whenever the error message).

Select some hotels, click "Book Hotel" and switch workspaces.

See. The workpaces exists but the hotels not ("The conversation ended, timed out or was processing another request"). But it is not timed out.

I think actually there is a Bug in dealing with the exceptions Seam.

It is very important exception handler of Seam without finish the conversation.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4122315#4122315

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4122315