[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: NullPointerException @ DatabaseServerLoginModule.java:14

jahebe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 23 02:10:15 EST 2008

anonymous wrote : The first thing, i would suggest it to use Java 1.5 because JBoss is not yet fully qualified to work with Java 1.6

Sure, I'll give it a go - however, since the JNDI lookups work perfectly well from a EJB3 with a JPA/Hibernate backend, I'm going to be reasonably surprised if this solves the problem ;-)

anonymous wrote : Also, did you by any chance edit the jndi.properties file in the server/default/conf folder? Or do you include any jndi.properties file in your application package?

Nope - bog standard.

anonymous wrote : What are the changes that you have done (if any) to the server configurations on a freshly installed JBoss?

Added postgresql jdbc3 driver in lib/
Edited login-conf.xml to receive the authentication-policy
Enabled TRACE on org.jboss.security in jboss-log4j.xml

I'll give JDK 1.5.0_14 a go, and post back.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4122481#4122481

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4122481