[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Config Question

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 23 07:46:32 EST 2008

"lovelyliatroim" wrote :
  | Currently running every 5 seconds, will set it for a longer time period. Can you set the "wakeUpIntervalSeconds" on a region basis or is it a global cache setting??

No, this is a cache-wide setting.

"lovelyliatroim" wrote :
  | Hmmm im not sure we are talking about the same async, I'm talking about the asynch mode with the cacheloader i.e JDBCCacheLoader nothing to do with replication. Ive actually set this cache as LOCAL so i have no replication going on what so ever. What I was asking was is there any way to get the asynch buffer for the JDBCCaheLoader to run more often/quicker to clear the buffer as quick as possible?? Reason i ask is that when i run say 5,000 writes and stop, i check the the DB to see how many records are written and i can see that over the space of one to three,four minutes it eventually will write all records in the DB. But it is this 3-4 minutes time lag that worries me, in production it wont get this 3-4 min break. Maybe it actually is running as fast as possible to clear the buffer but due to the fact it is writing images it actually takes this long!!

Oh right - sorry, forget what I said about replication queues then!  :-)

See the JavaDocs for the AsyncCacheLoader wrapper, which has all the options you can add to your cache loader.  You can control your batch size and triggers.

"lovelyliatroim" wrote :
  | Thanks for the info, I already tried 4.2.X with JBossCache 2.0 and tried deploying as an MBean, this is a while back now, but i remember i did run into problems trying to deploy it as an MBean and when i did get it to work none of the statistics were getting updated in jmx-console. So was kind of put off the combination of 4.2.x with JbossCache 2.0 but i might have to venture back with this combination!

You may not be able to use 2.X as an MBean in AS 4.2.X since AS 4.2.X ships with JBC 1.4.X.  You may have to package JBC 2.X in your app and start it programmatically.

Otherwise, you could create a SAR with JBC 2.X libraries and have it deployed and registered as an MBean there.  Note that I haven't tried this approach yet though.  If you do, and it works, do you mind sharing what you learned on [wiki]http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossCacheAsCompatibility[/wiki] ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4122605#4122605

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4122605