[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: JBCache 2.0.0 / Weblogic 9: Exception while trying to ro

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 23 08:50:27 EST 2008

Hmm, assuming the "client" java program does not have an instance of JBoss Cache, the exceptions must be on the server side.

Here is the code that triggers this rollback:

  | try
  | {
  | }
  | catch (Throwable t)
  | {
  |    try
  |    {
  |       tx.setRollbackOnly();
  |    }
  |    catch (SystemException se)
  |    {
  |        throw new RuntimeException("setting tx rollback failed ", se);
  |    }
  |    if (t instanceof RuntimeException)
  |       throw (RuntimeException) t;
  |    else
  |       throw new RuntimeException("", t);
  | }

So the exception should be thrown on the server as well.  From your logs though, it seems as though tx.setRollbackOnly() triggers an exception and the code above never gets to the point of throwing or even logging the REAL problem.

This is clearly a weblogic-specific issue since this does work correctly on other tested transaction managers.

As a workaround, we would have to log the error before setting the tx to rollback-only to ensure it is logged in such a case.  Could you raise a feature request in JIRA for this?

In the meanwhile (if you are happy compiling your own version of JBoss Cache) I'd suggest getting the src code for 2.0.0.GA and making the change yourself to help try and find the problem you're experiencing.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4122635#4122635

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4122635