[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Displaying dataTable row numbers with uiComponent, what am I

Oberiko do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 23 11:40:41 EST 2008

Hello.

The Seam reference guide has the following snippet (pg. 113 / 322)

anonymous wrote :
  | Alternatively, you can access the JSF component tree through the implicit uiComponent handle. The following
  | example accesses getRowIndex()of the UIData component which backs the data table during iteration, it prints
  | the current row number:
  | <h:dataTable id="lineItemTable" var="lineItem" value="#{orderHome.lineItems}">
  |   | <h:column>
  |   | Row: #{uiComponent['lineItemTable'].rowIndex}
  |   | </h:column>
  |   | ...
  |   | </h:dataTable>
  | JSF UI components are available with their client identifier in this map.

I've tried it in my code (shown below), but I only get a blank.

  | <h:dataTable id="emailTable" value="#{person.emailAddresses}" var="email" rendered="#{not empty person.emailAddresses}">
  |    <h:column>
  |       Row:<h:outputText value="#{uiComponent['emailTable'].rowIndex}"/>
  |    </h:column>

Is there something else I need to do to have it display?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4122700#4122700

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4122700