[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: EJB hot incremental deployment

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 23 12:23:53 EST 2008

"asookazian" wrote : what is the status regarding adding this functionality to Seam?  It is not currently available in Seam 2.0.0.GA and would be VERY useful to have (the xhtml hot deploy is great!).  Is there a JIRA issue for this?

I spoke to Andy from EJB3 team about this a few days ago, he was going to try to get it scheduled. Track the issue http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/EJBTHREE-1096

anonymous wrote : Is it going to be targeted for release and coincide with EJB 3.1 release which apparently is going to remove local interface for session beans?

Unlikely, this is implementation detail, not spec related. Also EJB3.1 is still a while away.

anonymous wrote : Any possibility to add hot incremental deployment for JPA entities as well?

Not AFAIK. You would need to ask Emmanuel or Steve on the Hibernate forum (again this is an implementation detail, not specified).

anonymous wrote : If JBoss Seam dev team could get full incremental hot deployment released in a new version of Seam that supports facelets, java beans, session beans, JPA entities without affecting a current conversation that would be fantastic.

We've done what we can, the rest has to be done by the respective projects .

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4122726#4122726

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4122726