[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam with RichFaces

tulip do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 23 18:30:09 EST 2008

I have a very basic question.

We have a bunch of session and entity beans. On the presentation tier, we need to use RichFaces component such as tree etc.
Now the session bean methods returns a list of entity objects. For the front end, I need to take this list and construct a richFaces tree and hence use the richFaces classes like org.richfaces.model.TreeNode etc
I cannot include the richfaces specific classes in the core session bean as I want to keep the presentation specfic stuff out of the core classes.

That means I need an additional session bean which will make a call to the core session bean, get the data from the core session bean and then construct the rich faces tree. From my JSF, I will be making Seam calls to this new session bean instead of the core session bean.

Is this the correct approach ? Please advice.

Also how can a session bean to session bean call be made within Seam.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4122848#4122848

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4122848