[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Two EARs with shared EJB/WAR

aleeuwen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 24 05:46:08 EST 2008

Hello, I am trying to run two EARs on one server both of which are using SEAM. Or at least that's the idea. The problem is that I'm getting the following exception when the second EAR is loaded:

11:27:53,724 INFO  [Initialization] two components with same name, higher precedence wins: org.jboss.seam.core.init
  | 11:27:53,724 ERROR [[/ORM-optimizer-war]] Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamListener
  | java.lang.RuntimeException: error while reading file:/C:/Program Files/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/deploy/ORM-optimizer-ear.ear/ORM-model-ejb.jar/META-INF/components.xml
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.initComponentsFromXmlDocuments(Initialization.java:118)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.create(Initialization.java:88)

  | Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Two components with the same name and precedence: org.jboss.seam.core.init
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.addComponentDescriptor(Initialization.java:456)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.installComponentFromXmlElement(Initialization.java:366)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.installComponentsFromXmlElements(Initialization.java:257)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.initComponentsFromXmlDocuments(Initialization.java:114)
  | 	... 138 more

Apparently that component is already loaded, which makes sense to me. The question is am I doing something that I'm not supposed to be doing or should I do some configuration somewhere?

If I would just load a 'shared' EJB in two EARs I don't seem to have a problem with the components since using the
<core:init debug="true" jndi-pattern="@jndiPattern@" />
in components.xml en specifying the pattern in components.properties in both EARs seem to work well. However not for the core components..? Any help is appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4122972#4122972

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4122972