[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - JBoss Cache POMS

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 24 14:35:21 EST 2008

I'm upgrading from JBoss Cache 1.4 -> 2.1 in Seam (http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-2522). Seam uses Maven for its dependency management, so I'm trying to use the published POMs on repository.jboss.org/maven2.

As I understand it, JBoss Cache should be usable outside a JavaEE environment running in JBoss AS which uses sleepycat je, c3p0 etc. (you get the point ;)

If so, the POMs should specify any optional dependencies as optional, like:

  org.jboss
  jboss-common-core
  true

Otherwise consumers of JBoss Cache end up with a load of exclusions.

        org.jboss.cache
        jbosscache-pojo
        2.1.0.CR3

            jdbm