[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Two EARs with shared EJB/WAR

aleeuwen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 24 17:01:56 EST 2008

"nickarls" wrote : It's a long shot since one would think that normally one ear couldn't possible have effect on the other but experience shows otherwise as you have experienced...

Yeah I came across that page as well and have indeed put that jboss-app.xml in both of my ears with different 'unique' values. Reading my own post again and your response I realize that I didn't make myself all that clear:

What I meant was that the jboss-app.xml seems to work like a charm for the 'scoping' of the classes so that one EAR doesn't interfere with the other. However as soon as I use that jboss-app.xml in one of the ears I get an exception when the WAR is loaded: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/Document when trying to initialize bpm (see earlier post).

So now I have the situation:

1. I don't use jboss-app.xml -> I can't have two EARs
2. I use jboss-app.xml -> I can have two EARs but one of them doesn't start.

Thanks so far for your time :-) and I still hope you or someone else has some pointers...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4123222#4123222

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4123222