[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: JBoss5 startup takes > 10 min.

Annegret do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 25 08:09:45 EST 2008

Hi,

I deployed a simple war-file containing a web.xml, no class files, just one jar-file (spring.jar) in WEB-INF/lib and jboss needs about 1 minutes just to resolve annotations on classes in this one library.

web.xml

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <web-app id="WebApp_ID" version="2.4"
  | 	xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
  | 	xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  | 	xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd">
  | 	<display-name>User Management</display-name>
  |
  | </web-app>

any idea ?

starting jboss without our war-file is completed in about 1 minute, hot-deplyoing our war-file (not the simple one above) thorws an

IllegalStateException: File cannot contain children

What does this mean ?

Any help appreciated.

Annegret

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4123455#4123455