[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: ManagedConnectionFactory.setLogger

iit do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 25 09:36:12 EST 2008

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote : "iit" wrote :
  |   | Someone from your famous JBoss developers forgot to implement to configure RA properties. The only way to get over this is to crack a rar file, configure the values as defaults and recreate the rar. This was also not considered as a bug but as a feature request. We are waiting for a fix since June 2006!
  |   |

  | Don't come here with a false sense of entitlement.

That's not false, that's the truth.

anonymous wrote : You want the feature implement it and contribute it back, it's open source.

JBoss is a commercial project and we don't work for less. Go, look for other idiots.

anonymous wrote : I don't see anybody else providing the patch either so it can't be a high priority.

I red several requests to fix that but nobody at JBoss cares since 2006.

anonymous wrote : Anyway, the answer to this particular question is trivial.

Trivial, stupid and arrogant.

anonymous wrote : 1) You either throw a ResourceException to say you don't want the Logger.

That's a generic exception without any further description. JBoss might just continue but others, more quality app servers may mark the RA as errorneous and stop the whole thing.

anonymous wrote : 2) You take your managed connection factory classname  add "." + jndiname
  | and then go configure that to FATAL in conf/jboss-log4j.xml
  | Voila - no logging on that category.

Yeah, but the log output will still go to the logger.

What about admitting some bugs in your code instead of feeding the responsibility to others?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4123493#4123493

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4123493