[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Integrating process' execution with external webapps issues

rocknroll do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 25 11:02:41 EST 2008

I have the following scenario at one of the projects i've been working in:

I have a process definition that should work together with several Web applications. I believe that the interaction should happen at the State nodes (which purpose i believe (correct if i'me wrong) is to delegate the execution to some external component) What i dont get yet is: should the component be an application that has no user interaction ? Can it be a Web application? We are using the jbpm-console (that's why i'm asking for the integration with other web applications) and at some point in the process' execution we would like to redirect the execution (via http request/response) to another application, then redirect it back.

I do know that the actionhandlers were designed to work in an stand-alone way, without any web contexts dependency.

What is the best way to build this solution ?

Sorry if this is some kind of old discussion in the forum, I looked for a post about this kind of issue and didnt find any.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4123555#4123555

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4123555