[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Using rich:datascroller With Seam and Hibernate Paginati

neilac333 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 25 22:38:12 EST 2008

As I keep studying Pete's seamdiscs code, I feel less confident about how much I can really use beyond concepts.  I understand the seamdiscs example  is meant to highlight the Seam CRUD application framework, but as a result I think a lot of the data model integration doesn't apply to my case.

Let me ask generally...I am aware that @DataModel takes a collection and wraps it in the appropriate JSF DataModel.  If I were to write a DataModel that sublasses org.ajax4jsf.ajax.repeat.SerializableDataModel (which incidentally doesn't seem trivial to me anyway), should I simply manually perform the same kind of outjection that @DataModel and @DataModelSelection provide?

Basically, I am trying to get the flexible paging ability while staying as close to "Seam doctrine" as possible.  Any insight to that end is appreciated.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4123709#4123709

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4123709