[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Application-exception handling

matt.drees do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 26 22:12:18 EST 2008

"parszab" wrote :
  | So if just someone could tell me where I should look for that in Seam I'd be really grateful!

Start looking in ui/src/main/java/org.jboss.seam.ui.validator.ModelValidator.java, though the real cool stuff is in src/main/org.jboss.seam.core.Validators.

It's probably only going to be helpful to you if you're doing field-level validation, but not validating combinations of fields (which I'm guessing is what you're after).

So, if Seam's exception handling isn't what you need (and, btw, it does handle messages and redirects to the same page.  But it'll break the conversation, IIRC, so you shouldn't use it for validation-ish stuff)  maybe in your pojo action classes you should catch the appropriate exceptions explicitly and respond appropriately (messages, etc).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4123797#4123797

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4123797