[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam 2.0.1.CR2 seam-gen does not create a deployable project

jsimone do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 28 18:22:05 EST 2008

I just downloaded the latest Seam 2.0.1.CR2 and have been looking at seam-gen.  I noticed 2 things:

1. If I execute

    seam create-project projname

then I can't override the default build.properties project name with the name projname.  I tried setting

    project.name=

but that resulted in a seam-gen error.  I should be able to specify a name on the gen, no?

2. If I create a new project, then the project created is not a complete deployable project.  I would think the least it would do is put up a page at the URL saying "Welcome to Seam".  In the spirit of Ruby On Rails, this is what happens when a new ROR project is generated.   In the current release when the empty project is deployed we get:

17:54:27,510 ERROR [URLDeploymentScanner] Incomplete Deployment listing: