[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Using rich:datascroller With Seam and Hibernate Paginati

neilac333 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 29 17:56:57 EST 2008

I've got the paging and sorting covered in a component that abstracts Hibernate Search's ability to handle all that.

My first crack at this problem was to use two more Seam components: the first is an "action" component to interact with the user and the second to serve as my ExtendedDataModel instance injected into the first component.  The action component takes the parameters and delegates them to that search component I mentioned at the start, which then returns the results to the action component.  Then the search component passes those results to the data model component, which wraps them up in a way RichFaces expects to present them to the user.

Sounds great in theory, right?

For some reason, the data gets populated as I expect, but it "disappears."  I suppose there is some kind of weird JSF-RichFaces lifecycle thing that somehow replaces the populated ExtendedDataModel with a new one.  I guess I need to try to play with some Seam context scopes to see if I can keep the original one.

Just wanted to keep you apprised of my progress.

I appreciate any insight.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4124605#4124605

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4124605