[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: s:fileupload and a4j

EricJava do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 30 11:34:33 EST 2008

Uploads are a tricky thing.  One way to do them is to use an iframe for the upload, which can then update its parent frame.  The other, better way is to use an applet.

The big advantages of an applet is it allows file browsing and previewing, and allows the upload to happen without needing to do a post, and doesn't require any type of multi-part submission (these are sometimes buggy).

I'm exploring both of these, and if I can get a suitable applet going I might create that as a JSF / Facelets tag and post it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4124854#4124854

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4124854