[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Setting up multiple instances of JBoss in different mach

gvamsius do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 30 11:40:40 EST 2008

"viswanadhvk" wrote : Hi all, I solved the problem. The problem was my system is not having mcast open. So instead of using UDP, Iam using TCPPING. It was working fine.

  | Thanks!
  | vvk

I had the same problem with UDP.
I commented out UDP and used TCPPING, after which my cluster across the machines worked.

It turns out that Linux does not have Multicast enabled by default.
Whereas Solaris has multicast enabled by default.

Use netstat -nr
to find if your box is configured to use multicast

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4124857#4124857

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4124857