[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Only 1 messages.properties files loaded in 2 WARs

reind do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 30 15:47:14 EST 2008

I have an EAR that contains 2 WARs. I have different messages.properties for each WAR. I've not been able to get them both to work. The message bundle first accessed seems to apply to both WARs.

In other words, if I go to localhost:8080/a/ then the messages from a.war/WEB-INF/classes/messages.properties work. Then when I go to localhost:8080/b/ the messages for 'a' still work, but those for 'b' don't. If I access b first the situation is reversed.

I've created a simple app that demonstrates this problem.

I started with the registration example and then:

1) Created two copies of the war
2) Added WEB-INF/classes/messages.properties to each war (with different key=value pairs)
3) Added #{messages['a']} #{messages['b']} to register.xhtml

Wonder what's going wrong?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4124928#4124928

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4124928