[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Newbie Entity Question - changes visible in another instance

lpmon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 30 16:39:24 EST 2008

Environment: Inside one JVM (JBoss AS 4.0.5 w/EJB3)

If a managed entity instance is held by thread A and thread B makes and saves changes to another managed instance will those changes be visible the next time thread A accesses its copy?

If answer is 'no' one might ask why not do a merge in thread A to get latest copy?

Answer: in my case I have many transient properties and they get lost if I use the new object returned from the merge.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4124939#4124939

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4124939